Organisations large and small across the East Midlands were presented with the Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award at a black tie event held at International Bomber Command Centre, Lincolnshire. The Awards, sponsored by the Ministry of Defence, recognise the companies support for the Armed Forces community.
The organisations in the East Midlands who won the prestigious award are:
- Derbyshire: Chesterfield Borough Council, Gardner Aerospace, MTMS Ltd, Rail Operations Group
- Leicestershire: Blaby District Council, CEVA Logistics, First Midlands, Harborough District Council
- Lincolnshire: AAR International, Hunts Coaches, JD2E Ltd, KryptoKloud Ltd, METIS Aerospace Ltd, Patriot Events, Protocol and Team Parish of Louth
- Northamptonshire: Phoenix Sports & Media, Veterans Community Network
- Nottinghamshire: Baseline UK, Campbell Cain Wealth Management, CTAG, Donne Marketing Ventures, Experian, Farrendale Ltd, Karimia Institute, Kuku Connect, Nottingham City Council, Nottinghamshire Local Medical Committee, Octavian Security, We Fix Feet
- Rutland: Rutland & District Schools Federation
In addition, the following companies had their Silver Award re-validated after holding it for five years already:
- Derbyshire: Whitehouse Construction
- Leicestershire: Loughborough University, Movements UK Corp Ltd and Royal Air Force Association
- Nottinghamshire: RPS Planning and Development
Sir Toby Dennis, Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant for Lincolnshire, introduced the Awards and presented them, along withCommodore Rob Bellfield CBE ADC and Colonel Sam Plant MBE.
The Employer Recognition Scheme Awards are sponsored by the Ministry of Defence and recognise those organisations who demonstrate their support for the Armed Forces community. This includes offering 5 days additional paid leave to Reservists, amending HR policies to be forces friendly and ensuring Armed Forces veterans and families are not disadvantaged by their service.